How we can help
Value for money
This can mean many things to many people, and all too often it means cheapest, as no one has the supporting information to demonstrate otherwise. We have undertaken our own research to help and support you with your own decision making process.
Life cycle test data
We have been compiling our own test data for the durability and ruggedness of doorsets and typical door use frequency for a variety of situations. We have been running a 6 month trial with over 20 health and education institutions monitoring several hundred doors. By correlating this data, we can determine the quality of doorset required in relation to its required lifecycle and projected use and specify accordingly.
If our current data does not cover your circumstances we willing to discuss with you how we can gain additional information for your specific project.
Whole life costs
By combining our test lab data for specific products and combinations of products with our field data of expected usage rates we are able to provide realistic whole life costs, along with maintenance regimes etc to maximise the benefits of your expenditure.
Providing a positive experience
A handle can be likened to the handshake of a building, and can often help people formulate their early impressions and experiences. As such it is important that it looks right, feels right and functions correctly for all users. We look to take these initial impressions and carry them throughout the building providing a constant and familiar reference point.
Need help with scheduling?
If you have a project where you are struggling with either the resource or the specific expert knowledge to produce a door and/or ironmongery schedule – call us. We have fully trained GAI schedulers who carry out this work on your behalf at no cost. Call us we can normally turn round an average project within a week
We carry out our own test programmes – not just for individual components but also in combinations – both within a test lab and out in the field. We provide guarantees that relate to real world practice.
We can also arrange client trials before proposals are approved.
We provide clients with the ability to use a single source for the procurement, delivery, installation and maintenance for all their access requirements. We become one easily identifiable point of contact and ensure that all issues are promptly responded to.
Service times and costs
At the end of a project we provide you with a maintenance schedule with costs. One of our current innovations is a maintenance regime programme which allows you to note details for each door.
We provide a number of different levels of training from that typically carried out at handover. This ranges from maintenance regimes to helping large client estates departments understand and develop their own Master Key systems.
Meeting the needs of frequent users
What we provide must be both rugged and dependable without looking institutionalised. To meet the needs and aspirations of frequent users it is important that we engage with them, rather than remain hidden. Therefore we will work with design and construction teams who want to engage with their end users, to identify the key issues so the information can refine our solutions.
We are always developing new, innovative solutions through:
- incremental innovation drawn from existing product data and feedback which may allow us to reduce or rationalise the manufacturing process to enable a product to be built more economically.
- increasing or changing the functionality of a product following user feedback on what might help them in the future.
- understanding the needs of a new user or situation which requires the complete design and development of a new product.
- a new combination of existing technologies to deliver a new solution.
Developing a culture of safety
It is important to recognise that safety covers many facets and that we have a part to play. However to maximise your benefits it is important to understand the context that we will be operating in and how the various safety aspects will integrate together.
We will work with the client and design team to identify and quantify risk within our field of knowledge, and propose methods of mitigating the risk. We are able to comment on the layout and positioning of doors in relation to their function, as well as ironmongery and associated hardware to comply with legislation.
Improved access for all
We should never have to design for specific disadvantaged groups, we should always strive for fully inclusive design from the outset. This can be aided by integrating with new and developing technology.
Integration with technology
We work with a number of internal and external organisations to maximise the benefits of tried and tested technology in new combinations and formats. The benefits are that we deliver increased functionality without the risks of new development. We also identify ideal solutions that use both new and existing technology.
We regularly draw together disciplines such as access control, biometrics, FM, IT and ICT.
Working with design teams
We are happy to share our knowledge and work with design teams on specific projects.
We can add value at the early stages of design to ensure that the benefits of location, integration with other systems, and functionality of physical security is optimised. We can also bring clarity to the often baffling jargon behind door and ironmongery schedules, and help to rationalise specifications to achieve cost effective solutions and maintain legislative compliance. We will:
- develop and standardise specs where appropriate;
- provide door schedules;
- provide ironmongery schedules;
- provide options/variants;
- compatibility testing of product combinations;
- global sourcing.
- We understand what’s possible
- we understand the issues and advise on appropriate solutions;
- we understand how diffferent environments affect solutions:
- we understand legislation and where it is generally heading;
- We understand the challenges;
- we appreciate the constraints designers are under – budget, time, detailed knowledge etc:
- we can help alleviate your workload;
- we will specify compatible solutions and ensure that ironmongery turns up on site, right first time, for contractors to fit;
- we help to reduce damage and installation time and will specify to suit contractors installation methods;
- all flush ironmongery is factory fitted, remaining ironmongery delivered in door packs;
- we can reduce congestion on site and deliver in modules to suit the work programme,